I'll try to explain in detail what my application does:

I have this problem in a form that must be filled, and the TextArea is
in this form (form1). The TextArea is filled using another form
(form2). The form2 is opened when a button in the form1 ('Add') is
clicked. In the form2 there are two list boxes, the user can select
elements in the first listbox to be inserted in the second listbox.
The content in the second listbox will be copied in the textArea of
the form1. Once the textArea is filled, the user may want to change
the content of it, and opens the form2 again to modify it. The problem
is here: my application reads the content of the TextArea
(string1\nstring2\nstring3\n...) to fill the second listbox, but in
firefox the content is read bad.

I hope the explanation is more clear now. In IE the content is read
correctly, but not in Firefox, that's why I wanted to know the web
browser where the application is running. But if you know another way
please tell me. It seems like Ie recognizes the '\n' symbol correctly,
but Firefox not.

Any idea?

Thank you very much!