I guess the problem is :

I am calling a function in javascript that takes id of the field in UI
as an argument.
Now my external javascript is trying to find the component using
document.getElementById(id)

Now since the component is created using GWT, even though it's id is
set , the external javascript file is not able to find this component
using document.getElementById(id)

Can someone please help me out as to how can i use such external
javascript file that that call to document.xxx() function calls

FYI, I am able to successfully send the id value to the javascript
file, but later it fails due to document.getElementById(id)