I haven't used confirmation dialogs in GWT before--I've only used them
in straight Javascript--so take the following with a grain of salt.

On Wed, Jan 28, 2009 at 10:29 AM, joe young <keven.c...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I do the following:
>
> public boolean doBeforeMoveNode(Tree tree, TreeNode node, TreeNode
> oldParent, TreeNode newParent, int index) {
>                    GWT.log("treePanel.onMoveNode", null);
>                    if (oldParent.getId().equals(newParent.getId())) {
>                        return false;
>                    }
>                    MessageBox.confirm("Confirm", "You are about to
> move this node and its child nodes.  Would you like to save your
> changes to database?",
>                            new MessageBox.ConfirmCallback() {
>
>                                public void execute(String btnID) {
>                                    if (btnID.equals("yes")) {
>                                        return true;
>                                    }
>                                }
>                            });
>                }
>
>                public void onMoveNode(Tree treePanel, TreeNode node,
> TreeNode oldParent, TreeNode newParent, int index) {
>                    GWT.log("treePanel.onMoveNode", null);
>                    controller.moveNode(treePanel, node, oldParent,
> newParent);
>                }
> ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
>
> but clearly the error occur at
>                                public void execute(String btnID) {
>                                    if (btnID.equals("yes")) {
>                                        return true;
>                                    }
>                                }
> since i cannot return true.
>
> So how do i return true in doBeforeMoveNode() when I need to wait till
> MessageBox return the result (Yes)??

You're greatly confusing matters.  Just use Window.confirm():

public boolean doBeforeMoveNode(Tree tree, TreeNode node, TreeNode
oldParent, TreeNode newParent, int index) {
  GWT.log("treePanel.onMoveNode", null);

  if (oldParent.getId().equals(newParent.getId())) {
    return false;
  }

  return Window.confirm("You are about to move this node and its child
nodes.  Press OK to save your changes to the database, or Cancel to
lose your changes.");
}

See the Window.confirm() doc here:
http://google-web-toolkit.googlecode.com/svn/javadoc/1.5/com/google/gwt/user/client/Window.html#confirm(java.lang.String)