Hi Ender,
You can expect the GWT Incubator project to be kept up to date with the
upcoming GWT 1.6 milestone release. However, the release timeline for the
incubator project itself has not been set in stone -- such is the nature of
the incubator. You can see the GWT core roadmap on the blog post linked
below.

GWT roadmap:
http://googlewebtoolkit.blogspot.com/2008/12/whats-ahead-for-google-web-toolkit_10.html

I also wanted to remind you that we do not recommend using the incubator in
production. The widgets committed to the incubator are expected to be
functional, and many developers have had success using them, but they have
not been thoroughly tested or vetted for production use.

Hope that helps,
-Sumit Chandel