Hi

I have successfully used the MVC framework "PureMVC" in GWT. It is
documented rather good, and there are many many examples on their website.
Many of them are written in actionscript, but it is very easy to "translate"
to java.

Regarding "traditional MVC" I think you are a little of road. Traditional
MVC framework are not designed for page-based apps. However the "traditional
web-mvc frameworks" (e.g struts etc) are!, which are not the same thing.

MVC goes long back in time. long before web frameworks. I think it came from
the language LISP.

/Flemming