I have a question regarding using the GWT to create gadgets for
iGoogle.

I have seen
http://code.google.com/docreader/#p=gwt-google-apis&s=gwt-google-apis&t=Gadgets
which details how you can now use the legacy gadgets API with GWT to
create gadgets.

I also noticed that the way the GWT seems to achieve cross browser
compatibility is to create multiple javascript files and dynamically
include the right ones.

I am worried about the performance hit of hosting uncached files on my
webserver.

My question is this: does the GWT cache requests to these javascript
files?

Historically my process has been to have the entire gadget inline as
type "html" and where necessary only include external resources after
using a call to _IG_GetCachedUrl so that they are proxies by google.

So to clarify, my question is: When GWT spans it's code across
multiple files does it use _IG_GetCachedUrl to cache the request of
external javascript - or if not does it at least do something to
ensure that the javascript will not be requested (from my webserver)
every time a user loads the gadget.

just curious because on of the things I love about the whole gadget
space is that it has let me develop interesting projects in a way that
doesn't put much load on my puny server.

thanks!