Hi all,

I have already stated that I also believe it is not possible - but as a
thought experiment I believe it would be possible if the two statements
below could hold:

1) The implementations of java.util.List (isNative=true,  namespace =
JsPackage.GLOBAL, name = "Array") (and all other types) can be realized
without private members just with overlay functions.

2) You have to keep the java inheritance structure and constructors correct
for the whole structure to hold (jre emulation). Therefore it must be true
for interfaces and concrete classes.

I believe the above constraints are so hard to meet that it is impossible
to be done. However I am curious (from an academic point of view) if these
are the only requirements or there are more?

     Vassilis

On Fri, Jun 10, 2016 at 10:27 AM, Thomas Broyer <t.bro...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Except that there is NO marshaling! There are so many cases where it just
> won't work that it's not even worth trying if you ask me.You
>
>  need to think about isNative vs. "exported" types, method return values
> vs. parameters vs. fields (which can be both get and set); object
> identities (calling the getter twice in your example, should it return the
> same "wrapper" instance? I can already see people complain if that's not
> the case)

Vassilis Virvilis