I'm using the net.ltgt.gwt.maven.gwt-maven-plugin. I didn't know the
bindAddress was strickly for the mojo plugin. From what I can tell it's a
fairly common parameter for opening something to a network.

I'm not sure what config you're asking about, but this is how the plugin is
setup in the pom file:

            <plugin>
                <groupId>net.ltgt.gwt.maven</groupId>
                <artifactId>gwt-maven-plugin</artifactId>
                <configuration>
                    <moduleName>path.to.Home</moduleName>
                    <moduleShortName>Home</moduleShortName>
                </configuration>
            </plugin>

When working locally, I use https://localhost:8443 to hit dev mode and that
works fine. From remote, I'm using https://<server-ip>:8443. Here's the
message I'm getting:

<http://i.imgur.com/6Q468cM.png>

Like I said before. This is normal on the local machine. I just disable the
security from the browser and it works. But it does not in this case.

I think that answered all your questions.