On Tuesday, April 11, 2017 at 4:53:24 PM UTC+2, Philipp Gloor wrote:

> Where do I use $wnd.test.JsOpClass()? It doesn't work within <script> tags
> inside the HMTL file of my GWT project.

$wnd (and $doc) is specific to JSNI. Outside JSNI, in "pure JS", should be
able to use "new test.jsOpClass()", *after* the GWT app has been
loaded/started (onModuleLoad).

> The reason I'm looking at JsInterop was because we want to use web
> workers. And since there is no GWT implementation of web workers I would do
> this via native calls. And the web worker would only forward methods
> because once I'm in the worker thread I have to call GWT functions again.
>
> GWT Mainthread --->   Worker.js  ---> GWT in a worker thread
>
> The calls from Worker.js to GWT in the worker thread would also pass an
> instance of the worker itself into GWT (as JavaScriptObject) so I could
> call worker.postMessage to get back to the main thread.

A worker is another browsing context as far as browsers are concerns, so
you cannot use GWT to write the worker code from within the application
code; those would have to be 2 distinct GWT applications.
You can write web worker code with GWT if you use a specific linker that
doesn't depend on the DOM. You could try to use the "sso" linker
(<add-linker name="sso"/>) maybe, or look for some existing third-party
linker for web workers.

Using JsInterop, you could then easily share Java code for the objects that
you pass back and forth between the app and the worker.