On Saturday, April 29, 2017 at 5:07:04 PM UTC+2, gwtt...@gmail.com wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I am starting to learn gwt elemental.
> I've started with the code here:
> https://gist.github.com/branflake2267/8e4b9d4f2dc594fe21a125155516ec97
> <https://www.google.com/url?q=https%3A%2F%2Fgist.github.com%2Fbranflake2267%2F8e4b9d4f2dc594fe21a125155516ec97&sa=D&sntz=1&usg=AFQjCNG-XPGg63KdhAJ77ehfcZ5NoVdQ4Q>
>
> but there are some compile time errors. See attached screenshot with
> comments on the lines with errors, and my crude attempts at workarounds.
>
> The workarounds seem to fix the compile time errors, but when running the
> app there is a runtime exception at this line of code:
>
> HTMLDocument document =  new HTMLDocument(); //Error-   Illegal
> constructor.

The Gist was apparently using
com.google.gwt:element2-experimental:16-06-30, and you're using
com.google.elemental2:elemental2-*:1.0.0-beta-1, so it's expected that
changes are needed.

So, first, you need to use elemental2.dom.DomGlobal instead of
elemental2.core.Global.
Then, instead of double-casting to MarginUnionType, you can use
MarginUnionType.of("10px").
Same for FillStyleUnionType and StrokeStyleUnionType.
BTW, instead of double-casts (e.g. for CanvasRenderingContext2D), you can
use jsinterop.base.Js.cast().