Hi,

I am moving code out of a GWT application project into a library project.

In the application project's shared folder there is a class like this:

package msm.app.bcs.shared.internationalization

import com.google.gwt.user.client.rpc.IsSerializable;

public class Vocabulary implements IsSerializable
{

I want to move this class out of the application's project into the library
project, and I do this with refactoring over both projects.
After this, the application doesn't start anymore. The browser window
remains white and an error message in the chrome console appears:

ComplexPanel.java:96 Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read property
'removeFromParent_0_g$' of null
    at OKd_g$.xKd_g$ [as add_6_g$] (ComplexPanel.java:96)
    at OKd_g$.SKd_g$ [as add_4_g$] (AbsolutePanel.java:99)
    at hAg_g$.iAg_g$ [as addLink_0_g$] (Display.java:147)

The error message cannot be true. When I debug the client-side code I feel
that the code is out of sync.
As soon as I move the class back into the application project, the
application works again.
I assume that it has something to do with the module inheritance.

This is the module file of the application:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

<!DOCTYPE module PUBLIC "-//Google Inc.//DTD Google Web Toolkit 2.8.0//EN"
  "http://gwtproject.org/doctype/2.8.0/gwt-module.dtd";>

<module rename-to='apl'>
  <inherits name='com.google.gwt.user.User'/>
  <inherits name='com.google.gwt.user.theme.standard.Standard'/>

*  <inherits name='msm.lib.acs.shared'/>*

  <entry-point class='msm.app.bcs.client.Application'/>

  <source path='client'/>
  <source path='shared'/>

  <add-linker name="xsiframe"/>
</module>

Note that I want to move the class out of the shared folder into the
library called msm.lib.acs into the folder msm/lib/acs/shared.
The module file is msm/lib/acs/shared.gwt.xml:

<module>
 <source path='shared'/>
</module>

Could it be that more inherits are needed here?
(There is no compilation error.)

I tried to rebuild everything a lot of times:

   - "refresh" project in eclipse
   -  "maven -> update project" in eclipse
   - "GWT compile" with and without -strict in eclipse
   - mvn clean compile package install for all projects on the commandline

But while rebuilding doesn't solve the problem, the problem disappears
immediately when I move the class back to its original location.
Any ideas?

Thanks
Magnus