On Feb 5, 2:22 am, Sumit Chandel <sumitchan...@google.com> wrote:
> Hello everyone,
> I'm not very familiar with JDBC realm, but for starters, are you using
> hosted mode with the -noserver option (i.e., running hosted mode with your
> own custom Tomcat server that has JDBC realm configured?).

No, I'm running an out-of-the-box GWT embedded Tomcat.
As described in my previous posting, the ROOT.xml gets picked up
correctly and Tomcat considers the realm configuration i.e. it
authenticates me against the database referred to in the realm config.
However, the parent <context> element in ROOT.xml asks me to define a
docBase parameter. No matter what path I enter there, in subsequent
requests Tomcat/GWT shell has problems locating some of the artifacts
in my project.
Through Tomcat debugging I tried to find out what its internal docBase
value is (maybe set through GWT shell?) if I don't add ROOT.xml but
didn't succeed.

Marcel