Hi,

- First, I suggest you to use SmartGWT. GWT ext will not evolve lot
due to ext licence. GXT is not free and today it does not offer enough
widgets than smart GWT.
- Second you have to play with CSS. For the last point I advice you to
define an interface containing style definitions (String field
representing the style name).
- If after that you are not happy, you should get a web designer ;-)

Regards,
Seb