I am absolutely pulling my hear out with this one and I'm hoping someone
can help.  I have been able to use JSNI on numerous other occasions to call
GWT class functionality when needed.  It works very well once the syntax is
figured out.  I need to do something similar but with an inner class.  I
have an app that has an inner class within a GWT class.  I need to be able
to access and change an attribute on that inner class from
external/hand-written javascript.

The GWT compiler is throwing an error: "Missing qualifier on instance
method" and it's complaining about this line -- "$wnd.setValueFromExternal"

What is the proper way to call a GWT accessor from an external/hand-written
javascript file when that accessor is within an inner class?

public class Foo extends DataEntryListener{

    public class Bar(){

        private int value;

        public int getValue(){

            return value;

        }

        public void setValue(int val){

            this.value = val;

public native void setValueFromExternal(int newValue) /*-{
$wnd.setValueFromExternal = $entry(@pkg.Foo.Bar::setValue(I)(newValue);
}-*/;
}

Here is the call from an external/hand-written javascript file:

function setValue(value){
    this.setValueFromExternal(value);