We use a different build tool but it works with this version of GWT. I
don't use Maven so not sure how it is normally integrated. However, to
configure it manually you can go to "Project Structure" dialog then
"Project Settings / Facets / Default" section and set "Path to GWT
installation directory" to something like
"/Users/peter/.m2/repository/org/realityforge/com/google/gwt/gwt-dev/2.8.2-v20191108"
and this will be picked up by any GWT facets and thus work in IDE.

HTH

--
Cheers,

Peter Donald