On Monday, October 19, 2020 at 4:43:26 PM UTC+2, Elhanan wrote:

> what's the difference between
> warDir, webappDirectory, workDir,workingDirectory, codeServerWorkDir ,
> devModeWorkDir, tempDir?
> i mean it's hard to follow all those around.

I'm assuming you're using autocompletion in your IDE here, then yes it's
hard to understand. That's why we have docs ;-)
gwt:compile <https://tbroyer.github.io/gwt-maven-plugin/compile-mojo.html>
outputs to webappDirectory, and puts its own files into workDir (they will
be reused between runs for better performance); webappDirectory should
match outputDirectory and warName of gwt:package-app
<https://tbroyer.github.io/gwt-maven-plugin/package-app-mojo.html> for
everything to run smoothly.
gwt:devmode <https://tbroyer.github.io/gwt-maven-plugin/devmode-mojo.html> uses
warDir and devModeWorkDir, with approximately the same meaning as
webappDirectory and workDir of gwt:compile, respectively.
gwt:codeserver
<https://tbroyer.github.io/gwt-maven-plugin/codeserver-mojo.html> writes to
codeServerWorkDir, and possibly launcherDir (which is where your –separate–
web server would serve static resources)
tempDir comes from gwt:test
<https://tbroyer.github.io/gwt-maven-plugin/test-mojo.html>, it's inherited
from Surefire; gwt:test also has a workDir which can be shared with
gwt:compile (other work dirs don't have the same layout)