I upgrade a project from GWT 2.5.1+Java 8 to GWT 2.9 +Java 11

I got (TYpeError): Cannot read property 'Xe' of null when I

IUploader currentUploader = new Uploader(fileInputType,
autoSubmit);//autosubmit = true
IUploadStatus statusWidget = new IUploadStatus();
try{
currentUploader.setStatusWidget(statusWidget);
}catch(Exception e){
   //print error here
   // (TYpeError): Cannot read property 'Xe' of null got printed here
}

This code does not have any problems when I use GWT 2.5+Java 8

//Symptom
The upload file GWT File control is shown. I can clicked the control and
select a file to upload

The control shows the selected file name but it does not call http servlet
that is on server side.

Web.xml
<servlet>
<servlet-name>uploadServlet</servlet-name>
<servlet-class>

 edu.vanderbilt.mc.aries.server.rpc.control.AttachmentUploaderService
        </servlet-class>
</servlet>

<servlet-mapping>
<servlet-name>uploadServlet</servlet-name>
<url-pattern>*.gupld</url-pattern>
</servlet-mapping>

I ggogled the erro rmessage. It seems that this is a JQuery error

Any suggestions or comments are really appreciated

Yibin Li