Actually Maven is not complicated...

A lot more easier than Eclipse Plugin ;-)

... and you'll become independent from Eclipse or you stay with Eclipse and
you have the Maven integration directly in standard Eclipse, no need to
install plugin...

OK, in my case all the webapps are managed with CI / CD, so, this is a
must. But I feel also without this requirement, Maven is just better and
easier than doing the stuff manually in IDE.

My 2 cents ;-)