gregor schrieb:

> I thought RPC servlets were always called via a POST and you couldn't
> change that, whereas if you use a standard HttpServlet you can use a
> HttpRequest on the client and specify a GET for it.

If you call a GWT-RFC the GWT-framework will do this by doing a
POST, that's correct. But if you tell the browser to get a resource,
this will lead to a GET-request. If the URL is the same that you use
for the RFC-requests, the same servlet will be called, but the container
will call the doGet- instead of the doPost-method. So you can inplement
different logic like delivering resources e.g. images, files, etc.
using the same servlet, that is otherwise performing RFC-method-calls.

> Surely overriding stuff in a RemoteServiceServlet is more complicated
> than using HttpRequest?

Not really.

> Is there some special reason you do this?

One Servlet less that needs to be deployed. So there is one reason
less why the deployment might fail.

Regards, Lothar