Your suggestion is certainly needed on the one hand as making the
images no longer viewable on the http server side; but on the other
hand, how about the images already downloaded or cached in the browser
(for the cache stuff, maybe last modified date can help) But I guess
there is really no mechanism to prevent from downloading the images on
the user side and then they can spread it as they wish. I just wish I
can have a hard cut-off date on the images and after certain days the
images themselves can turn into all white pixels or alike.

Thanks for the thought.