Well, something is being encoded as 2F by php, and not being decoded.
(along with a lot of other random changes) I'm most certainly not
getting the same strings in/out with

urlencode(String)   on the php side and URL.decode(string)  on the java side.

My tests where just with random generated strings, I expected just to
confirm it was the same, but it dosnt seem to be.

I just want a guarantied way to communicate between php and gwt with
preservation of *all* characters frankly. (as I may want to send
encrypted strings, I dont want to worry about what characters I can
use/not use in the encyption).

~~~~~~
Reviews of anything, by anyone;
www.rateoholic.co.uk
Please try out my new site and give feedback :)