Thanks Magius and Rudolf for the reply.

I should mention that I have a very little exposure to GWT,

Here, what I have is a simple code using a FlexTable

[code]
import com.google.gwt.core.client.EntryPoint;
import com.google.gwt.user.client.ui.FlexTable;
import com.google.gwt.user.client.ui.RootPanel;

public class Thinclient implements EntryPoint {
  public void onModuleLoad() {

    FlexTable f1 = new FlexTable();
    f1.getCellFormatter().setWidth(0,0,"2px");
    f1.setText(0, 0, "This is a very long text");
    f1.setBorderWidth(2);
    RootPanel.get().add(f1);

[/code]

I 've tried using widget(Label), HTMLText to achieve the not wrapping
functionality.

But somehow,somewhere, something I am missing with the above suggested
implementation and so its getting either wrapped or displayed the full
text. I want the text that only fit to the width. Rest can be hidden.

Kindly advise me to acheive my requirement.

Thanks
Suren