Thank you Vitali.

For point #2, I'm using a sym link to point to my gwt installation, so
when I installed 1.6, I moved the link to the where 1.6 is and copied
the lib jar files to where the project is configured to see them.
Also, the sample applications run without that error and I compared
their Build Path & Run Configuration to my project, still can't see a
difference.

I'll try OOPHM, but do you have any thoughts on why I can run the
sample apps without that error, while I can't run my project?