Hello,

today I tried to run my main GWT-application (administrative
backend of a server-application) on an iPhone/iPod touch and
a G1 with Android. At the moment the application is still
compiled using GWT 1.4.60, so some issues might already be
fixed with later versions.

The following things I saw trying that:

Android:
 - The browser coming with G1 is not able to do
   HTTP Basic Authentication (WTF?)
 - RPC-calls using serializable classes lead to ArrayIndex-
   OutOfBoundsExceptions on the server-side when using
   serialized classes (seems to work with GWT 1.5.3 if I
   followed threads here correctly).

Mobile Safari:
 - Safari on an iPod touch 2G is showing the application after
   some while and crashes after doing some RPC-calls.
 - Safari on an iPhone 2G shows the application but instead
   of crashing, the browser fails to do RPC-calls after a while.

I think the problems with Safari are a result of the size of the
application (HTML-file) of more than 1MB. The application is
in my eyes simply running out of memory.

Before starting a migration from 1.4.60 to 1.5, should I wait
for 1.6 and use LazyPanel or is there no effect at all if I
have a huge HTML-file anyway? Or is there now a way to modularize
the application, allowing to download parts of the application
on demand instead of one big HTML-file being loaded at startup)?

Regards, Lothar