On Thu, Apr 9, 2009 at 9:52 AM, Yann <jan.vorw...@googlemail.com> wrote:

> I am not sure how this helps on the issue I am trying to solve...
>
> You say:
>
> >    Then for your central communication, you can use
> >    JSNI to transfer data between modules
>
> but transferring Java instances between modules is exactly what I am
> failing to achieve, due to the zealous compiler optimizations

> >    or, better yet, have 1 module that inherits the other
> >    modules & can then provide them with a ServerEventsRouter to use.
>
> the issue then is that my router is then necessarily dependant on all
> possibly loaded modules... Not a very nice architecture, is it? (and
> quite painful in terms of build time ;-) ).

How do you figure?

Module 1 implements the onModuleLoad function.  modules 2 & 3 provide the
GUI or whatever functionality you need.  Module 1 either instantiates
classes from modules 2 & 3 with a ServerEventsRouter (modified to use java
since JSNI is not necessary) or sets some kind of global variable in each
module.

Don't see how ServerEventsRouter is dependant on anything or how this
impacts build time.

In hosted mode, do you actually see a class cast exception?  That would be
extremely weird.