On Sat, Apr 11, 2009 at 6:31 AM, Dean S. Jones <deansjo...@gmail.com> wrote:

> We know IE6 has 2 connections, we can "batch" requests to work around
> this....
>
> As far as Firefox and Chrome - We have had to "throttle" simultaneous
> requests.
>
> Web Architecture is a weird and fine art  ;-)

Generally, I find that there's really no need to make multiple requests at
once.  Usually you're only going to have at most 2 connections at any time
anyways.  1 connection for background updates (push) + 1 connection to send
user actions to the server (if user actions can occur while this connection
is in progress, then simply store the info in an array & handle flushing the
data in the callback).

But this doesn't, as far as I can see, have anything to do with the original
question, which was how to get the GIF to keep animating while he's loading
his module.  The solution to that does not have anything to do with making
connections - DeferredCommand simply adds things to the event queue (like
new Timer(){public void run()}.schedule(1)).  You can add as many of these
as you want.