On 04/13/2009 04:36 PM, lp wrote:
> We have recently started using GWT to develop a few complex widgets.
>
> The people who are working on those projectrs are very good Java
> developers, however they lack css skills.
> We usually have an in-house web designer take care of the css styling
> for our products.
>
> With GWT, I am not sure how to bring about the co-ordination in
> workflow between the designer and the developer.
> I was wondering is there is a tried and tested workflow that is being
> followed in the GWT community
> to help solve this problem

"Workflow" is a fairly ambiguous term. You'll have to decide how to
integrate GWT into the work product of your design team. It might be
hooking onto a series of static pages, or dynamically generating pages
according to the design rules. GWT is flexible enough to handle a
variety of implementation environments.

Consider putting the shared files into a source code manager (SCM). GWT
1.6 has good support for Ant; which can interact w/ a SCM to pull
updates from the SCM as they arrive from the design group. There is also
GWT/Maven expertise floating around this list, so that may also be a
good fit for your project.

You'll have to describe a bit more of your web design process if you're
looking to ensure that the design team has sufficient influence over the
Java development. For example, is there a story board? Does the design
team create the site look and feel sui generis via a tool like Dreamweaver?