http://code.google.com/webtoolkit/doc/1.6/ReleaseNotes_1_6.html#NewFeatures

Here's an interesting excerpt from that link:

"For users who create their own Widgets, you no longer need to manage
listeners manually. Every widget has a HandlerManager that manages all
of its handlers. For native events, such as ClickEvent, just call
addDomHandler() from within your code to register a handler and sink
the associated event on the Widget. When the native event is detected,
the handler will automatically be called. For logical events, such as
SelectionEvent, call addHandler() and fire the event manually using
the fireEvent() method.

You can see examples of EventHandler usage in many of the updated GWT
widgets and samples, or in new projects created with the new
webAppCreator tool."

Cheers,

Salvador