I agree with that, i'm using a generic DTO too with a Map<String,
Object> because i don't want to bother to create an
IServiceInterfaceAsync for every RPC method i need. So telling in an
annotation to GWT which objects are likely to travel over http would
be nice.

However if we could provide something more flexible than annotation
config, it would be nice. My RPC service is part of my framework, and
i don't want to have to modify the API to mark the serializable
implemenation DTOs.