I add an exclude to my compiler but that does not change anything

                        <plugin>
                                <configuration>
                                        <source>1.6</source>
                                        <target>1.6</target>
                                        <excludes>

<exclude>javax/servlet/**</exclude>
                                        </excludes>
                                </configuration>
                        </plugin>

I don't understand why this javax classes are in the war...

I would like not to add a ant run task to remove those file from the
compiled classes directory.