Just to add a point of clarification - there was *no* documentation
with the 1.6.2 download (Mac): the 'javadoc' folder is empty.
The gwt-mac-1.6.4 does have the documentation in the /javadoc folder:
so if you can't find it in your download, just re-download it again.

Still, it would be good to be able to download the various 'getting
started' and 'how-to' pages for offline browsing: I do a lot of my GWT
development while commuting on a train and having offline access to
docs is a godsend.