Everything was fine with the hosted mode.

Using pretty and detailed compilation helps me to see that was
something wrong with history handling in IE. Then I realized that I
had forgotten the html code :
    <iframe src="javascript:''" id="__gwt_historyFrame" tabIndex='-1'
style="position:absolute;width:0;height:0;border:0"></iframe>
Quite strange that it worked in FF and Safari, no?

Thanks for your help !