IIRC GWT doesn't like serializing Object. You need to use something more
specific.

-----Original Message-----
From: abbu <minhaj.mis...@gmail.com>

Date: Mon, 11 May 2009 23:06:20
To: Google Web Toolkit<Google-Web-Toolkit@googlegroups.com>
Subject: Exception Handling

Hi everybody,
I have a custom exception class which extends Exception. But im not
able to use it in my entry point class. on the load itself its
throwing an error saying sub types are not serializable which is not
so. can anybody help me regarding this?

This is my custom ApplicationException class:

package com.cts.swiss.gwt.server.common.exception;

public class ApplicationException extends Exception {
        private String errorMessage;
        private Throwable throwable;
        private Object[] messageParams;

        public ApplicationException(String errorMessage, Object[] params){
                super(errorMessage);
                this.errorMessage=errorMessage;
                this.messageParams=params;
        }
        public ApplicationException(String errorMessage, Object[]
params,Throwable throwable){
                super(errorMessage,throwable);
                this.errorMessage=errorMessage;
                this.messageParams=params;