Scott,

thanks for the answer, I was giving up my hope!

I did the debugging you asked for and from what I found, I was able to
find the problem and a workaround myself :-). I'm not sure though if
it should work as it was before. At least with Firefox on Linux it
did, but I'm no browser and JavaScript expert.

What happened is this: I'm trying to build an application, where the
GWT module should react on an outside parameter. As a possibility for
doing this, I had found the following solution on the Internet. First,
I created a little JavaScript inside the host page (i.e. a host
servlet) with a variable for the parameter:

       <script language="javascript">
          var event="aa00aa00aa00aa00aa01";
       </script>

Then this variable is read from inside the GWT module by using a small
native JavaScript method:

    public native String getEventRID()/*-{
        return $wnd.event;
    }-*/;

The problem now seems to be, that I called my variable "event" (as in
performance). If I change the variable name to something else, it
works. As I said, I'm more of a Java expert and have nearly no
JavaScript knowledge and don't know if I'm not allowed to create a
variable named "event", at least in Internet Explorer. BTW, I tested
it with IE6 and IE7, but not IE8.

In case you might want to analyze this further, here are the debugging
values:

In IDispatchImpl.callMethod()

   cl = com.google.gwt.dev.shell.compilingclassloa...@ea5140
   jthis = null
   params = [VT_BSTR{aa00aa00aa00aa00aa01}]
   method = static boolean com.google.gwt.user.client.DOM.previewEvent
(com.google.gwt.user.client.Event)

In SwtOleGlue.convertVariantsToObjects()

   i = 0

Thanks again and GWT rocks!

Best wishes

Michael