Hi,
I am new to GWT and I am working with the GWT
com.google.gwt.http.client.Request object to communicate with the
server. I am facing a strange behaviour happening in firefox. My
scenario is sending a request and while it is loading (before
receiving response) I leave to another page (external link). I noticed
that the request callback "onResponseReceived" is still called!!

I read in GWT documentation that XMLHttpRequest.abort sets the
callback to an empty function due to a bug in firefox, which means we
have one of two errors:
1- Either this functionality is not working correclty
2- Leaving the page does not invode the abort method on the
XMLHttpRequest

Here is my code:
==============
RequestBuilder builder = new RequestBuilder(RequestBuilder.POST, url);
        RequestCallback callback = new RequestCallback() {

          //  handle any error
          public void onError(com.google.gwt.http.client.Request
request, Throwable e) {
            // display error message
          }

          //  handle successful server response
          public void onResponseReceived
(com.google.gwt.http.client.Request request, Response response) {
                // handle response
          }
        };

        builder.sendRequest(null, callback);