You're getting the first celticlock in becuase you're appending
GWT.getModuleBaseURL() to the front of observationServiceURL. Since you know
that your servlets are hosted at /servlets, change:

String observationServiceURL = GWT.getModuleBaseURL() +
"servlets/celticlock/greet";

String observationServiceURL = "/servlets/celticlock/greet";