On May 28, 2:34 pm, Laurent Malvert <laurent.malv...@mq.edu.au> wrote:
> Here's what I have:
> - I have a bunch of XML file on a server describing data, and a bunch
> ofXSLfile defining transformations to HTML code.
> - Each XML file contains the reference to its dedicated timesheet (so
> that basically, using a browser to view the XML file will render it
> more or less correctly).
>
> Here's what I want:
> I want the browser's native XSLT processor to apply theXSL
> transformations to the XML file, so that I can inject the resulting
> HTML code within another page.
>
> Here's what I've done:
> So far I am using the RequestBuilder to fetch the XML file, which
> works OK, but of course the response's content is the raw XML file,
> and not the processed result. Which makes sense (I guess, otherwise
> that could be pretty annoying in other cases).
> My question is, how do I, preferably from GWT, have the browser's
> native XSLT processor do its magic and then get the result to inject
> it?
>
> Any ideas or suggestions?
>
> In the meantime, because I didn't find anything to do this so far (but
> I might have missed it in the docs), I was thinking of improting
> ajaxslt-0.8.1 [1] in my GWT module and call it using JSNI, as it seems
> it is powerful enough to process my stylesheets.
> (but I would have to modify both the stylesheets and the XML files to
> remove the declarations, or maybe remove them dynamically)
> Another possibility was to use Johann Burkard's excellent
> "xslt.js" [2] library, which wraps the native XSLT processor of the
> browser, but I would have preferred a more "GWT-only" solution, in
> case there's already one.

Why doesn't my thread show up in the latest discussions?

Anyway, I tried both solutions with AJAXSLT and xslt.js, and they both
work fine, though I was hoping for something more integrated since I
didn't see much news on the topic since the 2006 and 2007 discussions
on this matter.
If anyone has anything better, please give me a heads up.

Cheers,

--
Laurent Malvert
Analyst Programmer