Don't know, if it's the correct way, but for me (and extending
ListBox) this was the only thing I had to do to make DoubleClick-
handling work:

...extends ListBox implements HasDoubleClickHandlers...

public HandlerRegistration addDoubleClickHandler(DoubleClickHandler
handler) {
     return addDomHandler(handler, DoubleClickEvent.getType());
}

as far as I understood HandlerManager is already an instance in
Widget, so you don't need to create your own, when you extend an
existing widget.