I'm actually using the GWT Widget Library's Effect class, which has an
Effect.appear(Widget) method.  On IE, When the widget is an Image
that's a PNG with transparency, while the effect is animating the
background of the image shows black.  The same applies for other
transparency effects, e.g., Effect.pulsate(), etc.

This doesn't occur when the image is retrieved from an ImageBundle
with only one image.  If I add other images to the ImageBundle, the
problem returns.  (Also, if I use an image created with the Image
(String) constructor, the problem occurs.)  Thus, as a workaround, for
each image that will have an Effect animation applied, I create a new
ImageBundle.

Does anyone know what's going on here?  Does anyone have a better
solution?

Thanks