okay, so I dug into this a bit and figured out how to port existing
code to GWT compliant standards.  I also included
_CustomFieldSerializers.  I am currently only using Key and Text in my
test code, but I ported  Key, Text, Blob, ShortBlob, Link and User
however I haven't tested much beyond the Key and Text classes.

here is a link to the jars and some notes about them:
www.resmarksystems.com/code

I hope it is helpful  :)
-bryce