Integer.getInteger("name") gets an integer from System properties.

it is ( roughly ) equal to:

Integer.parseInt(System.getProperty("name"));

So, in the GAE, what is the definition if System.getProperty() ??? You
have no method or means of setting them, you don't know the properties
of the Runtime Environment....

Thus, it is useless to ask... and the method is not provided.