One of my previous enterprise apps was I18N for 22 languages,
including proper display of R->L languages like Hebrew and Arabic.

We used properties files, all text on the screen was indirectly drawn
by looking up it's "key" in the property file. GWT I18N can help here,
but it creates ALOT
of compile permutations.

Besides that point, on languages, you find that a simple word like
"Submit", or "Apply", is different in foreign languages based on
context, on a button, in a table, or a dialog message - that context
may change the word used based on "tense", "gender", or other
grammatical rules. You really need a native speaker to do it properly.

GWT I18N also does little to help you with data generated Server side.