I am doing an operation in which I remove a <form> but keep all its
children.

                Element parent = (Element) currentForm.getParentElement();

                NodeList<Node> formChildren = currentForm.getChildNodes(); //
                for (int i = 0; i < formChildren.getLength(); i++) {
                        parent.insertBefore(formChildren.getItem(i),
currentForm);
                }
                parent.removeChild(currentForm);

this code works in hosted browser. it works after compilation in IE,
but failes in FF.
FF removes the whole thing. there is nothing left after removing the
form.

how would one go about debugging something like this?

is this a known cross browser problem?