Apologies for posting this again, but I don't think it was posted
first time round.
Hi,
Is something like this possible in GWT?

I have an existing portal written by myself in php which contains a
huge amount of functionality that has been developed over the last few
years.

I would like to continue using this php functionality purely from the
business logic and database point of view because I know that it works
in php.
The bit that I want to change is the user interface. I generate
fragments of basic html in my php to display the relevant information
but I would now like to view/create this information using GWT.  My
php also creates some session variables when the user logs in.

I know you can make calls to php scripts from GWT but how complex can
this get?  Is it possible to call my php from GWT and instead of
creating the visual element in php create the visual element in GWT
instead.

Does this make sense?  I would like to move to the GWT environment but
without the overhead of having to rewrite the main functionality in my
php.

Any thoughts or ideas on how this might be achieved greatly
appreciated.

Thanks,