Finally I used just simple FlowPanel so I utilized the
Element::scrollIntoView() approach (which works fine in IE6+7, FF3,
Safari, Chrome), but i expect the ScrollPanel.ensureVisible() method
will work in all the browsers as well.

Goddamn it, now we have mentioned all the straight solutions which GWT
offers.

Thanks.