I experienced the same thing but on Windows 7. I found the following
in their faq
http://code.google.com/webtoolkit/doc/1.6/FAQ_Troubleshooting.html#Navigation_to_the_page_was_canceled
but their fix doesn't seem to work for me. Although I'm able to get by
now if I fire the hosted mode and switch localhost in the url for
127.0.0.1.

I'd like to see an alternative fix that works in Windows 7.