I found the mistake I was doing... :( As usual, most errors are stupid
and made by the developer itself.

My module, which was calling my own css was overwritten by the default
one. When I changed the ordering it was working

<module>

        <!-- Inherit the core Web Toolkit stuff.                  -->
        <inherits name='com.google.gwt.user.User'/>

        <!-- Specify the app entry point class.                   -->
        <entry-point class='com.module.client.HelloWorld'/>

        <inherits name="com.google.gwt.user.theme.standard.Standard"/>
        <!-- <inherits name="com.google.gwt.user.theme.chrome.Chrome"/> -->
        <!-- <inherits name="com.google.gwt.user.theme.dark.Dark"/> -->

        <!-- Personal style: HAS TO BE AT THE END  -->
        <stylesheet src='css/style.css' />
</module>

Thanks to Ian for his effort! PushButton would do the job as well! :)

Cheers,
D.