I guess it seems like a bug that the compiler discovers my Data.java when
editing in Eclipse, but the runtime can't seem to do it.
Thanks for the pointer, but I've been there.  First I tried "inherits
com.foo.project.Data" and it complained that I needed to created a
Data.gwt.xml file, which doesn't seem right.

Then I tried the <source path="/"> and it said I couldn't use absolute paths
(I understand it invisibly adds <source path="client">, but how do I get the
superior package added).

Any further suggestions?

Thanks again,
Joe