Additional information for those who have this same problem and find
this post like I did.
Using Eclipse 3.4.2, Google Eclipse Plugin 1.0.1.v200905131143, GWT
1.6.4, App Engine Java SDK 1.2.1

I faced two issues when trying to develop my JSP web application
(which uses JDBC and is not intended to be deployed on Google App
Engine; it just uses GWT)

- With App Engine enabled for the project it would compile my JSPs
correctly but give the security errors noted above
- With App Engine disabled (only gwt enabled) the JSP files would not
compile with the error "org.apache.jasper.JasperException: Unable to
compile class for JSP" and referencing me to the Compile Error Output
which does not seem to be available anywhere I can find...

My work around hack:
Extract appengine-java-sdk-1.2.1\libappengine-tools-api.jar
Use JBE (Java Bytecode Editor) to edit com\google\appengine\tools
\development\DevAppServerFactory$CustomSecurityManager.class
Empty out the check* functions so they only contain a 'return'
Jar back up and replace the original libappengine jar

I can now leave App Engine enabled and have no more security errors
AND my JSP files compile correctly! Huzzah!!
Note that of course this app could NOT be deployed to google app
engine. The App engine is just enabled since it allows my JSPs to
compile correctly.

Regards