On 10 juil, 09:42, Stefan Sigvardsson <scht...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Ok, found a temporary solution, seems the problem is indeed in
> Microsofts hands.

Actually no; just that IE8 in its "super standards" mode has removed
support for some IE-specific methods and properties (replaced by W3C-
DOM ones), on tables for example, among others; and GWT is using those
IE-specific methods and properties even in IE8 "super standards" mode.
GWT 1.7 (soon to be released) will add support for IE8's "super
standards" mode.

In your case, I believe you faced this issue:
http://code.google.com/p/google-web-toolkit/issues/detail?id=3329

See also http://code.google.com/p/google-web-toolkit/issues/detail?id=3558

> To force IE8 to display pages as IE7 use this meta tag in your html

I prefer using IE=EmulateIE7; that way I can change the DOCTYPE to
switch between quirks and standards mode without the need to *also*
change the meta.